Problems with RAID in 2.2.16?

From: geoffeg@sloth.org
Date: Wed Jun 14 2000 - 14:25:16 EST

I'm trying to upgrade the kenel on my redhat based box. It originally had
the redhat-rpm-installed 2.2.12 kernel on it and I've been trying to
upgrade to 2.2.16 manually (non-redhat/rpm). The box is all SCSI with
three drives software raided via raid0 in the kernel. When I went to do
make menuconfig on 2.2.16 I found some of the MD menu options have changed
and are no longer available in 2.2.16 such as (in the Block Devices menu):

[*] Autodetect RAID partitions
< > Translucent mode
< > Hierarchical Storage Management support

When I try to compile and intall the 2.2.16 kernel without these options
available the system won't boot, it reports an error starting the raid
devices and drops to single user mode. Is there a kernel patch I have to
use or install that I can't seem to find anymore or some option I'm
missing in the kernel config?

Am I going to have problems when I upgrade to 2.4 with MD setup's like
this?

Thanks,
Geoff