Re: Linux 2.2.17pre1 -- NFS v3

From: Paul Jakma (paul@clubi.ie)
Date: Tue Jun 13 2000 - 23:23:11 EST

hoi,

On Tue, 13 Jun 2000, Marcel J.E. Mol wrote:

> However i'm a bit lost on what kernel/tools patches and utilities i need

this is exactly the problem you get into when you with hold bugfix
patches for too long. Eventually a distribution incorporates a patch
and corresponding toolset.. then you have:

stock kernel system + stock tools
popular dist kernel + popular dist tools
current patch + current tools.

and then no matter what way we jump we're bound to break someone.
lets bite the bullet and shove the suppository in. The dist's can
publish their own packages to solve compatibility problems - that's
what dist's are for.

i'm sick of always having to patch the kernel to get decent nfs...

marcel: go to nfs.sourceforge.net and get the "dhiggen" rollup - it
has a readme inside the tarball explaining all. Get the latest
nfs-utils aswell (version 1.8 is the latest i think), it has an rpm
spec file inside it, so you can replace the RH6 knfsd-utils with it.

> -Marcel

groetjes

--
Paul Jakma	paul@clubi.ie