Re: Semi up to date JOBS list

From: David Ford (david@kalifornia.com)
Date: Tue Jun 13 2000 - 17:49:56 EST

Alan Cox wrote:

> > I found a bug in fwrite() I believe. fopen() a file, a+, seek to the beginning and write to
> > it. The write succeeds according to the return value. It should fail if the fpos pointer
> > is set before the end of the file. Should this goto Ulrich or be covered here? (the man
>
> No it should end up writing at the end of the file. So
>
> open O_RDWR|O_APPEND
> seek to start of file
> write 'eep'
>
> should leave eep appended to the end of the file

Yes, it does, but isn't the fseek to a position before EOF and fwrite leaving an ambiguous
impression that the write should happen at the current position?

> > > Problems with ip autoconfig according to Zaitcev
> > Didn't he say that it worked now?
>
> Its under 'Fixed' 8)
>
> > > The netdev name changing stuff broke GRE
>
> That too - but thats under 'Fixed; anyway

Sigh. Two hours of sleep isn't really enough to start the day with.

Comments on the pcmcia?

Thanks.

-d

--
"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an
eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was