Crash with 'ac18

From: James Lewis Nance (jlnance@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Jun 13 2000 - 22:01:47 EST

Hello All,
    I was testing ac18 and it has a few problems I thought I should report.
I was trying to build mozilla using this kernel and I got 1 corrupted
file and 1 message about the dynamic linker being broken. At this point
I decided I did not want to run this kernel any more so I started to
shut down. Since I was afraid I might have corrupted the file system,
I stated to unmount partitions and run fsck on them (still under ac18).
While I was doing the the machine crashed. It spewed out a lot of trace
back info which did not make it into the log, but this did get in there:

Jun 13 22:42:12 bessie kernel: kernel BUG at buffer.c:1232!
Jun 13 22:42:12 bessie kernel: invalid operand: 0000
Jun 13 22:42:12 bessie kernel: CPU: 0

Hope this helps. I can supply machine information if someone needs it.
The only piece that I can imagine would be relivant is that this is
NOT an SMP machine.

Thanks,

Jim