Re: Oops...

From: Wolfgang Walter (wolfgang.walter@stusta.mhn.de)
Date: Tue Jun 13 2000 - 18:50:49 EST

On Mon, Jun 12, 2000 at 03:22:43PM -0700, David Ford wrote:
> Alan Cox wrote:
>
> > > I have a machine which gives me the following oops after about 1/2 hour
> > > (usually 31 minutes) after a reboot (always this one):
> >
> > How precise is that 31 minutes after boot ?
> >
> > Alan
>
> First guess on this sounds like it's related to APM.

I don't think so. It is not activated in the BIOS or kernel. I now run
2.2.16 compiled with 2.7.2.3 (same kernel configuration) and the oops
disappear.

Though, die image compiled with 2.95 runs fine on all other machines,
especially on 2 machines which are identical to the problematic one,
which concerns hardware, software and usage. (These 3 machines form
a http-proxy-system).

Thanks,

Wolfgang Walter

--