Re: Linux 2.4.0-test1-ac16

From: Peter Rival (frival@zk3.dec.com)
Date: Mon Jun 12 2000 - 14:23:32 EST

Hi Alan,

    Both -ac16 and -ac15 hang for me on my Alpha ES40 right after turning on
swap. On my serial console, all I get is:

<snip>
Mounting local filesystems [ OK ]
Turning on user and group quotas for local filesystems [ OK ]
Enabling swap space [ OK ]
<snip>

and then nothing. Seeing as it's a serial console, I can't do the "check if
caps-lock works" things, so as far as I can tell it's just hung. I believe I
flipped by some earlier messages about some buffer bugs and swap partitions
(damned over-active delete button...) - could this be related? Any recommended
debugging (or am I just a schmoe :)? Thanks!

 - Pete