Re: (reiserfs) Re: Red Hat (was Re: reiserfs)

From: Jes Sorensen (jes@linuxcare.com)
Date: Mon Jun 12 2000 - 11:02:51 EST

>> This is a Good Thing, and the developers concerned still work
>> together as a kernel team even when their salaries are coming from
>> competing Linux companies. Frankly, I think that the funding of
>> Linux development by these companies has worked out pretty well for
>> existing Linux users.
Wojciech> very good. but there's another side.... too many people
Wojciech> think linux=redhat or even worse than redhat is "better
Wojciech> linux". there are a lot commercial software "for redhat"
Wojciech> not "for linux", i even found device drivers supplied as
Wojciech> .rpm with kernel modules - of course for redhat.

It's fine you don't like Red Hat, now would you mind letting the rest
of us get back to work - this list is named linux-kernel for a reason.

Wojciech> it breaks the freedom of choice and....it could make redhat
Wojciech> "another microsoft"

Wheee another conspiracy theory, it's been several days since the last
one on here.

Jes