Re: Network and CPU usage

From: Karim Yaghmour (karym@opersys.com)
Date: Sun Jun 11 2000 - 16:20:09 EST

You might want to give LTT a test drive. I has the ability to report
statistics often impossible to get otherwise. There might be other
tools that give you statistics based on samples, but LTT doesn't
rely on sampling, it gives the exact usage of each system component
and enables you to isolate a problem or another to a given task
or system component.

Here's the project's web page: http://www.opersys.com/LTT

If decide to use it, tell me what it provides you with and what
you would like it to provide that it doesn't already do.

Best Regards.

Karim

P.S.: You can run this on a live system and the performance
impact is below 2.5% (from testing I've done 'til now).