Re: Linux 2.5 TODO on the web

From: Matthias Andree (ma@dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de)
Date: Fri Jun 09 2000 - 04:26:45 EST

"Kenneth C. Arnold" <kcarnold@yahoo.com> writes:

> You are technically correct (?). However, unfourtunately, it is still a
> "broken" browser because it does not comply with what has become an industry
> standard.

Fuck it! If they want to give me their information only if I sell my
privacy for marketing or advertising sake, I give a shit. Please move
the information elsewhere. Espionage as industry standard? How deep have
we fallen? The marketing dudes everywhere plug the fingers in your asses
and you are considering which browser works and which fails. That's the
wrong approach. Unregister that stuff and place it elsewhere.

> The optimal browser will have an option to enable / disable this. The
> fact that many sites rely on it worsens the matter, as always. It's
> like Linux keeping broken / suboptimal interfaces only because some
> applications depend on it :(

"many sites rely on referrer" is a form of civil information warfare, so
to say. Just don't use that sites.

If it's a static (i. e. no more than three to four updates per week)
document, is not for business (should be no problem as it deals with GPL
software), and not too large (say no larger than 64 kB), I am willing to
host a single HTML page that I'm updating manually within my private web
space that is available until --10-31, maybe longer. This is however
what I can offer NOW without further checking the conditions.

Possibly somebody else will come up with a better offer; possibly
sourceforge.net, possibly somebody else as well, but this is at least
one.

--
Matthias Andree