man pages/interface specs?

From: Peter T. Breuer (ptb@it.uc3m.es)
Date: Sat Jun 10 2000 - 17:03:51 EST

Are people writing docs? I've just been updating a driver from 2.2 to
2.4 and some of the new kernel interfaces are obscurantist for no good
reason AND lack a simple man-page style description.

Take the list.h interface. I'm glad people finally got around to making
the request queue doubly linked, but did they have to do it by
embedding a struct representing a doubly linked list _without data_
and reference the real data by calculating the negative offset of
the enclosing struct from its field name for the queue!!!! !&^&*&*.
Bwah hah.

What happened to "next"? Why doesn't list.h contain an equivalent? Are
the doubly linked lists meant to be circular, or to terminate in nulls?
How is one meant to use the cryptic for_loop macro?

Would the person who WROTE list.h kindly finish the job and add a manual
page explaining how to use it?

Then he can go on and attack blkdev.h.

Or should I?

Peter