Re: (reiserfs) Re: New Linux 2.5 - 2.6 TODO (Alan Cox suggestsdelaying

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Sat Jun 10 2000 - 14:06:41 EST

> What this all boils down to is Alan knew perfectly well that Linus tentatively
> planned to put reiserfs into 2.4.0, and yet Alan came out with a schedule in

Hans, how do you have _ANY_ idea what I discussed in private with Linus if
anything at all

> which reiserfs was deferred until 2.5. Thus the squabble. Alan has come up
> with an endless series of FUD reasons why ReiserFS should not go in, none of
> them valid. If Alan wants to put in some better architecture for journaling,
> fine, but reiserfs going in now does not prevent doing that. It is, after all,
> GPL'd code.

You are actually beginning to piss me off, which is quite an achievement.

Your pathetic little attempts to bully people into merging your file system
by trying to make them look biased if they dont follow your little whim are
not going to work. If you get a bonus from your funders for being in 2.4
tough. Thats not how Linux works.

I've read Machivelli's The Price. I've read The Art Of War. I've fought
Telco management stupidty in the trenches. I worked in the computer games
industry. You simply aren't in the right league to play such games so please
don't bother.

Now if you must whine, whine in private. You are becoming the biggest hindrance
to the acceptance of the file system your engineers are writing for you. If
you want to get it in 2.4 then fix the bugs like the Postgres problem, keep
the code clean and sort out things like the interactions with NFS handles, and
your strange extra errno codes. Thats far more productive than being an idiot
on the kernel list.

Alan