Process Capabilities in 2.2.16 (sendmail/procmail problem)

From: Joseph Gooch (mrwizard@psu.edu)
Date: Sat Jun 10 2000 - 11:32:33 EST

Ok based on my last email, I've created this patch. Using the source
provided by Roger Espel Llima on Bugtraq, the segment below shows that this
patch still corrects the bug with sendmail/procmail/et al, but doesn't break
the capabilities model that was in effect.

dilbert(mrwizard):/mnt/misc/home/mrwizard$ ./blep
BEFORE: 501 0
GAVE UP: 501 501
GOT BACK: 501 501
dilbert(mrwizard):/mnt/misc/home/mrwizard$ ./suidcap
launching shell...
dilbert(mrwizard):/mnt/misc/home/mrwizard$ /sbin/getpcaps
Capabilities for `(null)': =i cap_setuid-i
dilbert(mrwizard):/mnt/misc/home/mrwizard$ ./blep
BEFORE: 501 0
GAVE UP: 501 501
GOT BACK: 501 501

I also moved cap_bset in the computation of the capabilities so that it's an
overall intersection, or else the inherited capabilities could end up giving
you a capability outside that set.

Again, this works for me, YMMV, but I hope it works for you. Let me know if
I did something evil.

Joe Gooch