Re: 2.4 and 2G File Limit?

From: Trond Myklebust (trond.myklebust@fys.uio.no)
Date: Sat Jun 10 2000 - 08:16:27 EST

> The current glibcs support both the open64() 64-bit file access
> variant syscalls to allow you to mix 32- and 64-bit accesses,
> and the -D__USE_LARGEFILE64 flag to force all file access
> syscalls to the 64-bit variants, with off_t == loff_t.

Hi,

You'll note however that we're not yet ready to comply to the full LFS
standard.

In particular, things like 64-bit inode numbers, 64 bit block sizes,
are missing from our sys_*64() API.
That's a bit worrying IMHO, since it will make it harder to get back
to these things at some future time with the stat64 etc. structures
fixed in stone.

We're also still missing some LFS functions such as getdents64() /
readdir64(). That's less worrying since we can always come back to
those for 2.5.x or whenever...

Cheers,
  Trond