RAID Backport/Integration into 2.2.X?

From: Ryan Mack (rmack@mackman.net)
Date: Fri Jun 09 2000 - 18:38:30 EST

I just wanted to open a dialog to disucess the possibility of merging the
raidtoold 0.90 kernel patches into the tree. On the other hand, In the
coming weeks I'm sure it will get pounded away at in the 2.4test series,
so would a backport be in order?

The recent security bullitin made obvious the deficiency in having third
party patches required for your system to boot/run. I was half way through
compiling 2.2.16 when I realized I hadn't patched raid, and to my chagrin
no official update yet exists. It would be nice to have this maintained in
the official tree, even tagged experimental (which I strongly feel it
should be).

Ryan

PS: Don't spam telling me about unofficial patches, I got it running, but
I'm no kernel ninja so for all I know my disk is getting scrambled.