Re: Long long arithmetic

From: Andrew E. Mileski (andrewm@netwinder.org)
Date: Fri Jun 09 2000 - 16:34:43 EST

> Somebody, knowing that floating-point is not allowed, may try to
> come up with a readable fixed-point fraction for display. The
> nature of the fraction precludes shifts since the idea is to get
> a decimal value to put after a '.'.

For anyone interested in fixed point with long long, I did some
work on this for the StrongARM (no FPU). It needs a little porting
to other CPUs, namely multiplication and double packing/unpacking.

ftp://ftp.netwinder.org/users/a/andrewm/math/math-sll.c

It has routines for:
        + - * / sin cos tan exp log pow
and converting to/from ints and doubles. I'll add more as the
mood arises, or people send me patches :)

--
Andrew E. Mileski - Software Engineer
Rebel.com  http://www.rebel.com/