2.2.16 synaptics touchpad trouble?

From: Garrick Meeker (gmeeker@cadenzasoft.com)
Date: Fri Jun 09 2000 - 14:43:59 EST

After upgrading to 2.2.16 I can't use gpm with my synaptics touchpad.
It works for a couple seconds and then the cursor won't respond and I
get hundreds of dmesgs like:

/usr/sbin/gpm[166]: tossing PS/2 data:
/usr/sbin/gpm[166]: 43
/usr/sbin/gpm[166]: AA
/usr/sbin/gpm[166]: 55
/usr/sbin/gpm[166]: D0
/usr/sbin/gpm[166]: A0
/usr/sbin/gpm[166]: F2
/usr/sbin/gpm[166]: tossing PS/2 data:
/usr/sbin/gpm[166]: D0
/usr/sbin/gpm[166]: 7F
/usr/sbin/gpm[166]: 39
/usr/sbin/gpm[166]: A0
/usr/sbin/gpm[166]: F2
/usr/sbin/gpm[166]: 45

Maybe this is a gpm bug, but it worked in 2.2.15 (although I always got
a similiar behavior after a suspend). I'm using a Dell Inspiron 7500
with Slackware 7.0 (mostly... gpm is now 1.19.2). This happens even
with the console (no X involved). Could any of the kernel changes have
affected this?

Thanks,
Garrick Meeker
gmeeker@cadenzasoft.com