Re: sound breaks up - scheduler prob?

From: Jon Evans (jon.evans@pobox.com)
Date: Fri Jun 09 2000 - 14:32:36 EST

Hi Alan,

[List: Alan suggested I tried XFree86 v3, I was using V4 with 2 S3Trio
cards in xinerama mode]

With X v3, there is no sound breakup at all. If I renice all xmms threads
to +20 and then frantically drag a huge Netscape window around the screen,
I can achieve a very slight amount of breakup.

So, X 4.0 seems to be the problem. Any ideas as to how to fix it? How
does it manage to grab enough CPU time to cause other tasks to stall, even
tasks that have been reniced to -20?

Jon.