Odd 2.2.16 "Loaded x users, x groups" repeat msg to console

From: Whit (whit@transpect.com)
Date: Fri Jun 09 2000 - 07:14:17 EST

Upgraded a system to 2.2.16 yesterday, and about every 30 seconds there's
now a message on the console "Loaded x users, x groups" - which is a bit
annoying since it gets in the way of typing, and also because it doesn't
identify what's prompting it. (All messages like that should be prefaced
with the name of their daemon, right?)

My best guess is that it's rpc.rquotad running in conjunction with the nfs
daemon that would care about loading users and groups (I'm not running
quota) - but why the change in kernel would start it (or whatever) sending
message repeatedly and senselessly to the console is beyond me.

 \/\/ I-I I T
 Blauvelt
 whit@transpect.com