Re: Linux 2.5 TODO on the web

From: Kenneth C. Arnold (kcarnold@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jun 08 2000 - 17:36:10 EST

If you are getting the error below, read on...

On Thu, Jun 08, 2000 at 11:52:40PM +0200, Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Jun 2000, Kenneth C. Arnold wrote:
>
> > I finally got a site that works -- FreeServers is hosting the TODO ;|
> >
> > Here's the URL:
> >
> > http://kena.8k.com/linux-kernel/
> >

> I have some problems accessing it:
> 403
> Forbidden
> Forbidden
>
> You don't have permission to access /linux-kernel/TODO.txt on this server.
>
> Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an
> ErrorDocument to handle the request.

FreeServers, in their stupid advertising marketing business, require that any
"binaries" have a HTTP-Referrer tag from a page on which they displayed their
ads, i.e., a regular HTML page. If you have a browser that does not properly
submit HTTP-Referrer's, FreeServers will gawk. Last I checked many versions of
Mozilla have this problem. w3m and lynx at least do not.

Kenneth