Patches for Linux Software RAID in 2.4.0-test1

From: Neil Brown (neilb@cse.unsw.edu.au)
Date: Wed Jun 07 2000 - 22:26:48 EST

Greetings all.

I have been working of Software RAID in Linux for a while now and have
a growing collection of patches that I would like to make available.

I am hoping to go through Ingo Molnar (the current maintainer) to get
these into the kernel, particularly the larger patches, but he seems
otherwise engaged at the moment. So I thought I would let people know
that I have some patches, and put my hand up as someone to collect
patches if others have patches that they would like to submit (I have
seen a few float past on linux-{kernel,raid} and hope to incorporate
them into my patch set soonish).

If you visit

  http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~neilb/oss/raid/

you should find an itemised list of patches, and a cluster that
contains all of them. There are bug fixes, cosmetic changes, and
funcionality improvements.
There is also a TODO list here.

The bug fixes I will probably forward to Alan for inclusion in the
test1-ac series. I'm still waiting on Ingo for a response to some of
the others.

Feel free to:

  1/ grab my patches, read them, and comment/complain
  2/ grab my patches and test them
  3/ send me other patches for possible inclusion in my set
  4/ send me bug reports (cc to linux-raid) and I will investigate
     where I can

NeilBrown