RE: aic7xxxx Works here! Was: RE: 2.4.0-test1-ac and aic7xxx

From: CRADOCK, Christopher (cradockc@oup.co.uk)
Date: Thu Jun 08 2000 - 04:37:38 EST

I'm just wondering if the reset timeout in the config scripts is being used
at all? The fix works for me on an SMP machine, but the reset wait period I
specify on the LILO line appears to not make two hoots difference in the
SCSI set-up phase. It always takes about 5 seconds even if the reset
time-wait on boot is specified to be something large (like say 60 seconds).
Where as in pre -ac5 it would obediently wait a minute...

I also note that SCSI_TIMEOUT is set to 5*HZ in debug mode... makes me
wonder....

Chris Cradock