Re: Loopback (dir->dir) mounting (NOT -o loop)

From: Nix (nix@esperi.demon.co.uk)
Date: Wed Jun 07 2000 - 13:10:03 EST

> > I don't think automounters suffice for all of this --- and automounters
> > are arguably overkill for this sort of thing, anyway. Is there a way to
> > say that, if some processes' namespaces are clone/separated from all the
> > others?
>
> In principle, yes. At least if you give root a way to access others' mount
> IDs (sorry, long story).

That's probably what I was aiming at; a scheme to allow root to retain
effectively godly privileges despite a myriad varying namespaces...

> BTW, automounter can be done seriously lighter -
> search for "mount-traps" on fsdevel.

I can pretty much guess what they are from the name :) but I'l look.

--
`It's as if Hal Clement expanded fragments of a novel
 by H.P. Lovecraft.' --- Jake Kesinger on the novel _Darwinia_.