Re: Common Journalling API

From: willy@thepuffingroup.com
Date: Wed Jun 07 2000 - 11:56:55 EST

On Wed, Jun 07, 2000 at 09:12:35AM +0100, David Howells wrote:
> If you do make up a common journalling API, would it be possible to integrate
> this with a file change notification API?

that wouldn't really make sense. journalling is block-based. (ok, NTFS
journalling isn't, but ext3, XFS, JFS, JFFS and ReiserFS all are.) File
change notification is a different beast. I'm going to take a stab at
viro's idea of a notifyfs one weekend soon (after I've written my OLS
paper and got the bugs out of my lease code..)

--
The Sex Pistols were revolutionaries.  The Bay City Rollers weren't.