test1-ac9 changes broken keyboard behaviour

From: Chris the Elder (chippo@netactive.co.za)
Date: Wed Jun 07 2000 - 02:46:44 EST

Greets,

A while back I posted a message about 2.3.99-pre7 hanging
during boot with the message:
keyboard: Timeout - AT keyboard not present?

There is nothing wrong with the hardware, 'cos the keyboard
works fine in the BIOS, earlier 2.3 kernels and all 2.2 kernels.

I tried doing a binary search over the patches in pre7, but
got stuck with the struct timer_list changes. They had to all
go in in one clump, else compilation failed. But, to me, they
seemed to be the culprit.

Anyways, with test1-ac9, now instead of printing that
message and hanging, it just hangs without printing the
message.

I can't test any of this on my other machine (which seemed
completely unaffected by the keyboard problem), 'cos it's
got a AIC7xxx.

Cheers,
chippo