Re: _fpstate_fxsave & al

From: TimO (hairballmt@mcn.net)
Date: Tue Jun 06 2000 - 23:56:06 EST

Gareth Hughes wrote:

> When I first saw this I really didn't like it, but thinking about it I
> suppose it's the cleanest way and certainly the most backward-compatible
> way to do it. Why is it called NT_PRXFPREG? Why not NT_PRXMMREG?
> Isn't that what they are?

Because they are eXtensions to the Floating Point unit and MultiMedia is
just
a buzz-word??? I know if I were browsing the sources and came across ?MM?,
would tend to equate it more with Memory Management. 'Course; after
wondering
what the heck memory management has to do with a math-co; I'd go back and
read closer to figger it out. Maybe MMXFP--MultiMedia eXtensions to the
Floating Point unit..... $.02E-7