ABIT -- GENTUS Linux Steals GPL CODE AGAIN!!

From: Andre Hedrick (andre@linux-ide.org)
Date: Tue Jun 06 2000 - 18:47:59 EST

GO TAKE SOME ASPRIN AND A FEW SHOOTERS TO RELAX FIRST BEFORE READING!

I am try to work with a hardware company, that supplies chips, to force
and pressure this manufacturer into complying to GPL first. Please
follow my lead, because I do not want to run over anyone here while I go
for their throats!

See below!

My replys to there BBS on the WEB?

http://www.gentus.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000267.html
http://www.gentus.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000371.html
http://www.gentus.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000380.html

My second discovery of all kinds of new tricks with binaries with out
source. This first happened with Gentus 1.0 and now it returns with
Gentus 2.0.

I am going to make a case that proves this distribution does nothing but
give use the middle finger and disregards the nature of GPL.

http://www.gentus.com/about_linux.html

Here is their statement, but their actions have never matched.

I suggest that all Maintainers of various portions of the kernel
investigate this Violation of your work, also.

I would hope that RedHat would choose to take some legal actions given the
gross usage of your distribution. This does not include the comparison
between Gentus 2.0 (6.2) and RedHat 6.2.

http://www.gentus.com/press.html

The short version of this is translated:

        RedHat you Suck, and we fixed your failures, nana nana nu nu!

This really pisses me off in the worst way.....

Andre Hedrick
The Linux ATA/IDE guy