Re: Linux 2.4.0test1-ac10

From: Jeff Garzik (jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com)
Date: Tue Jun 06 2000 - 18:25:41 EST

Andreas Bombe wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 06, 2000 at 06:50:09PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> [...]
> > 2.4.0-test1-ac9
> [...]
> > o pci_enable for lynx iee1394 (Jeff Garzik)
>
> This is an older independent patch by Jeff, my ieee1394 updates I sent
> you for ac7 already include an pci_enable_device call.

yes, I was a bit surprised to see that too
> + if (pci_enable_device(dev)) {
> + FAIL("failed to enable PCILynx hardware %d", lynx->id);

note you don't need to print anything, as the PCI subsystem prints out
error info including PCI device info

> First is Jeff's, please delete it again. Sorry that I don't have a
> patch handy, but that would be overkill I guess :-) It's
> drivers/ieee1394/pcilynx.c around (as the patch quote says) line 1230.

Alan generally likes patches even trivial ones, because it helps him
track changes...

        Jeff

--
Jeff Garzik              | Liberty is always dangerous, but
Building 1024            | it is the safest thing we have.