Re: ULTRA ATA/100 announced

From: Dr. Kelsey Hudson (kernel@blackhole.compendium-tech.com)
Date: Tue Jun 06 2000 - 13:20:14 EST

> If I can help Linux beat MicroSoft to this future standard, you can bet
> that I will be there......

Good. With the coming breakup of MS (which unfortunately won't adversely
affect them too much IMHO) we need all the help we can get. Getting the
patch for the kernel out the same day the specification is released is
damn good work...I'd buy you a beer, but...

> This not a battle between ATA and SCSI.

Battles suck. Both have their merits.

> To goal is to get access and support for new technology in Linux before
> the competition. I go out of my way to get the scoop for all storage
> devices, regardless.

The more support and access we have, the quicker we grow, the more
development support we get. This is a good thing.

Keep up the good work,

 Kelsey Hudson khudson@ctica.com
 Software Engineer
 Compendium Technologies, Inc (619) 725-0771