Re: Alpha 32 bit devices

From: Jes Sorensen (jes@linuxcare.com)
Date: Tue Jun 06 2000 - 12:46:09 EST

>>>>> "Lyle" == Lyle Coder <x_coder@hotmail.com> writes:

Lyle> Hello, Have you actually tried eepro100 on Alpha? Because I am
Lyle> trying to get eepro100 to work on my IA64 platform and it fails
Lyle> because in speedo_start_xmit gets an skb that is at > 4Gb... and
Lyle> the card is only 32 bit, so it fails to send!

The question here is more whether the ia64 kernel actually supports >
1GB of memory, I am not 100% sure. The eepro100 worked just dandy in
the ia64 last time I tried.

Jes