Re: (reiserfs) Re: New Linux 2.5 - 2.6 TODO (Alan Cox suggestsdelaying

From: Lars Knudsen (gandalf@revicon.com)
Date: Tue Jun 06 2000 - 06:56:08 EST

I have been following this discussion for ages and it seems to me that
there is a little point that needs to be made.

I agree 100% with Alan that what goes into the kernel must be done on
technical grounds. Benchmarks are a part of these technical grounds but
only a secondary
concern - first and foremost is the stability!

I know that Reiserfs can be nice and stable and if this is the case for
everyone that tries it out I am all for adding it to the kernel (not
that my opinion matters). If some people are having problems with the
stability or Linus thinks it will cause stability problems to add it
this late in the development cycle, then it should be
left out.

Just my 100 lire opinion..

Lars