Re: ULTRA ATA/100 announced

From: Andre Hedrick (andre@linux-ide.org)
Date: Mon Jun 05 2000 - 19:04:37 EST

On Mon, 5 Jun 2000, Chris Meadors wrote:

> For home users there isn't much reason. SCSI Ultra160? Probally
> not a reason. But support for 15 devices per channel is a nice feature
> that ATA/100 doesn't have.

If I made this happen would that change your mind?

You want that, I can make it happen, watch!

Obviously you are lagging in data........SCSI Ultra320 is working and out.
SCSI Ultra640 works in theroy and models.

SCSI requires a 4X ratio to disk IO to HOST IO.
Thus you will reach the limits of physics and E&M but not before you
wallet dies. SCSI will have very little on ATA in the near future......

Give me 6->12 months and I be I can match SCSI 1:1........

Cheers,

Andre Hedrick
The Linux ATA/IDE guy