Re: (reiserfs) Re: New Linux 2.5 - 2.6 TODO (Alan Cox suggestsdelaying reiserfs integration)

From: Hans Reiser (hans@reiser.to)
Date: Mon Jun 05 2000 - 17:33:11 EST

Stephen Frost wrote:

> On Tue, 6 Jun 2000, David Luyer wrote:
>
> > up in formats. So where is the great problem with reiserfs?
>
> According to Linus we're in a feature freeze for 2.4?
>
> Stephen

ReiserFS and knfsd/VFS were the Linus stated exceptions to that freeze. We have
been in a holding pattern waiting for VFS to get stable. VFS just got stable,
and now reiserfs can become stable. Actually, it looks like reiserfs is stable,
but one needs at least a week of user pounding to know for sure and we have had
only about 5 days at this point since 3.6.8 went out. knfsd still isn't stable,
alexei can make it crash for both ext2 and reiserfs. alexei is hoping to fix
that, but hasn't found the bug yet.

We may have one old format support bug report, we are investigating with the
user to see if it is that or bad user hardware.

Hans