oops - Domex dmx3191D driver in 2.4.0test1-ac5

From: Michal Stekrt (mstekrt@seznam.cz)
Date: Mon Jun 05 2000 - 15:50:52 EST

Hi,
I've some problems with DMX3191D module on my SMP machine.
I've tried to load this module via modprobe, but after a while
(5secs) kernel oopses. I've tried to load the module on my second
computer with only one processor and the module was loaded and
dmx card has worked. But on SMP machine it oopses.

When kernel crashes it writes something like:
"NMI Detected CPU lockup on CPUx (x=0 or 1)"
then registers ....
and "Segmentation fault"
after this "sometimes" "some" commands work.
e.g. lsmod writes status of dmx.. module as Initializing.

It looks like dmx module is not SMP clean but
because I'm not a kernel hacker :-( I don't dare to say
what's exact cause.

My machine: Abit BP6 dual celeron 366
kernel: 2.4.0ac1-ac5

If somebody asks for oops text message I will capture/send it.

Thanks in advance.