Re: C-Media 8x38 driver for kernel 2.4

From: Chen-Li Tien (cltien@home.com)
Date: Mon Jun 05 2000 - 03:21:33 EST

Dear Paolo,

I also made a version that support kernel 2.2 and 2.4 (thanks for your
work), and fixes since the version 3.21. I read that you add S/PDIF in/out
in the init-module. May I remind you that they are not supported with all
format, so if you only use 44k/48k then it is ok. User would need to unload
and load the driver to use S/PDIF in/out and use another wave format. I
don't suggest add it as general driver come with kernel. It is also explain
in the cmpci file.

The version 4.02 driver can be got at
http://members.home.net/puresoft/cmedia.html.

Sincerely,