This thread is ridiculous (was: RE: Announcing CML2, a replacemen t for the kbuild system)

From: Chemolli Francesco (USI) (ChemolliF@GruppoCredit.it)
Date: Mon Jun 05 2000 - 02:07:11 EST

> On Fri, Jun 02, 2000 at 09:25:23PM -0700, Jonathan Walther wrote:
> > Using Python isn't the kind of "laughing in the face of danger" they
> > admire. After all, Python is a wimpy fru-fru Object
> Oriented language;
> > no self respecting kernel he-man would lower himself to rely on
> > one of THOSE to compile his kernel. No sirree bob, its gotta be
>
> This thread is ridiculous. We're talking about the tool used to
> configure the kernel, not *run* the kernel. Python may be "wimpy and

This thread _is_ ridiculous, but for other reasons.
ESR here is showing us _facts_, in the form of _code_. We might give
him some suggestions, but we shouldn't shoot him down.
Anybody of you doesn't like Python? Fine, no problem. He can code up
something akin to what ESR is doing in fubar-ese, and if he does
a better job than ESR with Python, all the better.
Please, let's stop now.

        /kinkie