Re: [NFS] Patch for problems with cdrom exported via NFS

From: Roderich Schupp (rsch@ExperTeam.de)
Date: Sat Jun 03 2000 - 07:33:26 EST

willy@thepuffingroup.com said:
>> On Thu, Jun 01, 2000 at 07:08:41PM +0200, Roderich Schupp wrote:
>> The reason is that isofs in Linux has i_blksize=0 and i_blocks=0 in
>> the inode. For a NFS gettattr call we blindly copy these values into
>> the fsattr structure. The fix is to set these to a sane value. A
>
> Um. Surely we should fix isofs instead?

There are other filesystems besides isofs that don't maintain i_blocks:
at least minix, ramfs and sysv. Also, fixing this value up whenever
it leaves the kernel has been the traditional method, e.g. look at
sys_stat and friends.

Cheers, Roderich

--
There is something to be learned from a rainstorm. When meeting with
a sudden shower, you try not to get wet and run quickly along the road.

-- Hagakure - The Book of the Samurai

Roderich Schupp mailto:rsch@ExperTeam.de ExperTeam GmbH http://www.experteam.de/ Munich, Germany