RE: Linux 2.5 / 2.6 TODO (preliminary)

From: James Simmons (jsimmons@acsu.buffalo.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 02 2000 - 22:15:20 EST

> > I: Put each driver module into a separate sub-directory of drivers/char or
> > drivers/block. Adjust the configuration procedure so it will do a make
> > in each subdirectory of these directories.

I like to see video4linux and dri moved into driver/video. That could
become our multimedia directory. I also like to see things moved from
acorn/block and acornb/char moved to drievrs/block and drivers/char
instead. Same for sbus/char[audio] and drivers/sgi,drivers/s390.

> > W: Move anything that isn't a device driver (such as drivers/pci/*) to
> > someplace else. If they don't have read()/write()/ioctl() methods, they
> > aren't device drivers and should be located someplace else in the tree.

drivers/bus/pci, drivers/bus/sbus etc ?