RE: 2.2.16pre7 SMP Crashes

From: German Jose Gomez Garcia (german@pinon.ccu.uniovi.es)
Date: Fri Jun 02 2000 - 17:49:51 EST

        Hello,

        I have also this problem, the system is also dual PII with Adaptec
ACI7890 onbard SCSI controller. The system just get hanged, no oops or bug
report. The only strange thing is that usually the framebuffer gets a bit
corrupted (the last line of text on current VC is someway pixel-remixed).

        With 2.2.16pre2 it was working perfectly, but with pre3 and later
this bug seems to hit once every ten/twelve hours of uptime. The system is
not heavy loaded as it is my own workstation (and I'm too lazy :-)

        Regards,

        - german