How to sleep a kernel thread?

From: Matthew Dharm (mdharm-kernel@one-eyed-alien.net)
Date: Fri Jun 02 2000 - 16:11:11 EST

Hi! I'm working on the usb mass storage support for linux. For this, we
have a kernel thread which blocks on a semaphore (used to indicate the
number of commands in the queue).

The problem is, when I block on the semaphore, the process is still marked
as runnable, and thus drives the load average up to 1.00. How do I sleep
so that I don't drive up the load? Or how do I mark the process as
sleeping on a semaphore for the purposes of load average calculation?

Matt Dharm

--
Matthew Dharm                              Home: mdharm@one-eyed-alien.net
Senior Engineer, QCP Inc.                            Work: mdharm@qcpi.com

Way to go, lava boy. -- Stef to Greg User Friendly, 3/26/1998