Re: tcp/ip over scsi

From: Gérard Roudier (groudier@club-internet.fr)
Date: Fri Jun 02 2000 - 15:06:46 EST

Jeff,

Moving TCP/IP over SPI is probably no longer a great idea.
Has it ever been so?

We have different media and controllers specifically designed to
cope with TCP/IP mess-up nowadays. SPI haven't any value to added in
TCP/IP area, in my opinion.

Your cluster of 3174's was probably a great machine, but time have changed
and may-be you would use a different solution for an similar problem
nowadays.

Btw, I donnot mean that having SCSI target mode support would not be
interesting. This is in my todo list since one year and I haven't find
time enough for the moment for seriously working on it.

  Gérard.