Re: HELP!!!! BAD ENTRY IN /etc/ld.so.preload CAUSING ERROR IN LINUX BOOT UP

From: Sukumar Thirunarayanan (sthiru68@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Jun 02 2000 - 14:41:30 EST

I use a boot disk to boot linux, at boot prompt do I have to say "linux
single" to boot in the single user mode?

Does this mean it doesn't use the "init" program to boot in this mode?

Another thing I noticed was after I created this file /etc/ld.so.preload all
the programs/command like vi rm cp etc was failing with the same error
message what I got from "init" program, at that point I did a shutdown and
restarted it and it never came back up because the "init" program was
failing.

So even if I get it in the single user mode will I be able to use the
"mount" and other utilities with out any problem.

Can You also please show me the steps in what I have to do?

Thank You