Re: wrong major or minor number on /dev/sda1 in 2.4.0-test1-ac7

From: goingware.com (crawford@dragnet.seagull.net)
Date: Fri Jun 02 2000 - 12:51:43 EST

This seems to have fixed it. I haven't done extensive testing yet, but I was
able to tar the Slackware installer into my home directory, untar that, and
untar a gzipped file from that so I can read a lot of data and not have it
be corrupted.

I'm afraid I don't have anything that will give it a real workout, just a zip
drive and a 4xCD burner. I'll try to burn a CD.

What I did to get my Adaptec APA-1480 SlimSCSI Cardbus card working:

- Apply the 2.4.0-test1-ac7 patch to linux 2.4.0-test1
- Apply the patch I mentioned in my earlier message, that turns on the
PCI expansion ROM or some such thing (I don't know much about PCI). You'll
find this in the linux-kernel archives under "Can't recognize Adaptec APA-1480
under 2.4.0-test1-ac4"
- replace linux/drivers/scsi/scsi* with the unpatched originals from
test1 (without any of the -ac patches).

If you want me to try this with various patch versions to see at which points
it breaks and works I can do that.

Mike
crawford@goingware.com