RE: CML2 0.2.0

From: Jesse Pollard (pollard@tomcat.admin.navo.hpc.mil)
Date: Fri Jun 02 2000 - 11:13:34 EST

"Chemolli Francesco (USI)" <ChemolliF@GruppoCredit.it>:
> > CML2 0.2.0 is now available at http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/kbuild/
> >
> > Release 0.2.0: Wed May 31 16:53:34 EDT 2000
> > * Full atemporal deduction with a baby theorem prover!
> > * Whenever/sets are gone from the language. Those deductions
> > are now done directly from requires.
> > * Setting a symbol may now set symbols in its visibility guard,
> > if we can deduce that relationals in the guard must be true.
> >
> > Alan Cox should now have his "set a driver and watch all the
> > requirements turn on" feature.
>
> I am not familiar in how this works, but it would be cool if those
> requirements were marked as "weak" and un-marked if the option relying
> on them is.
>
> i.e.
> I have driver "foo" requiring "bar". If I mark foo, I want bar to be marked.
> But if then I change my mind and unmark foo, I wish for bar to be unmarked
> (unless explicitly re-marked). But if I select first bar and then foo, then
> bar is not to be de-selected when foo is.

Also: if there is a driver baz that also requires bar we would want bar included
if EITHER foo or baz were selected, but bar should not be included only
if BOTH foo and baz are deslected... Choosing foo should mark bar; Choosing
baz should also mark bar; But if foo is deselected, then bar should not be
unmarked since baz is still selected...