Re: tcp/ip over scsi

From: Ricky Beam (jfbeam@bluetopia.net)
Date: Fri Jun 02 2000 - 09:47:12 EST

On Sat, 3 Jun 2000, david wrote:
>has any one got tcp/ip over scsi working ?

Yes... several years ago with Adaptec 1542's (ISA, slow as hell by modern
standards.) SCSI-IP is basically just a neat hack.

>if not i am going to try it my self
>as i need the bandwidth

I don't mean to flame, but gigabit ethernet cards are about the same price
as a good SCSI card and can move information much faster. I'm too sure
how well SCSI-IP would work over fiber-channel -- it's a great deal more
complicated.

>also if any one has any info to help this project please let me know
>as the more help the better

I have a mirror of the original college senior design project if you want it.
(From June 1997. IP Encapsulation in SCSI Driver, by Randy Scott,
 Chris Frantz, and Alan Bork. Submitted to Dr. M. Sebern on 20 February 1997)

--Ricky