ide.c problem w/2.4.0-test1-ac7

From: John Cagle (linuxguy@houston.rr.com)
Date: Thu Jun 01 2000 - 21:30:09 EST

Andre,

Please pardon the intrusion, but I think there's a minor problem with
ide.c Version 6.30.

I'm trying to build the 2.4.0-test1-ac7 kernel, and with my particular
.config (which does *not* have IDE DMA enabled) I run into a kernel
linking problem with idedriver.o. It claims it cannot find the symbol
'ide_release_dma', which it won't because CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEDMA isn't
defined.

I think the problem is caused by an invalid call to ide_release_dma in
ide.c (when CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEDMA isn't defined).

If you'll take a quick look at ide.c, you'll only find two places where
'ide_release_dma' is called. Only one of those instances has the proper
'#if defined(CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEDMA)'.

Is this a problem?

Thanks,
John Cagle
Principal Member Technical Staff
Compaq Computer Corporation
http://www.compaq.com/linux/
(work email: john dot cagle at compaq dot com)