problem with sb in -ac7

From: Martin Josefsson (gandalf@wlug.westbo.se)
Date: Thu Jun 01 2000 - 17:31:49 EST

Hi

I'm seesing problems with my SoundBlaster 16 in 2.4.0test1-ac7

quite often the whole machine stops for a second or two and then continues
until the next stop....

the message logged by syslogd is:

Sound: DMA (output) timed out - IRQ/DRQ config error?
Sound: DMA (output) timed out - IRQ/DRQ config error?
Sound: DMA (output) timed out - IRQ/DRQ config error?
Sound: DMA (output) timed out - IRQ/DRQ config error?

This doesn't happen in 2.4.0test1 with the exact same config.

I have these soundmodules loaded:

sb
sb_lib
uart401
sound
soundcore

I've tried loading the sound module with dmabuf=1 but that doesn't help

/Martin

The three best things about going to school are June, July, and August.