Re: Linux 2.5 / 2.6 TODO (preliminary)

From: Miquel van Smoorenburg (miquels@cistron.nl)
Date: Thu Jun 01 2000 - 13:06:56 EST

In article <cistron.200005312002.PAA31420@khijol.org>,
Ed Carp <erc@pobox.com> wrote:
>Miquel van Smoorenburg (miquels@cistron.nl) writes:
>> What exactly is different now apart from s/USA/China/ and s/Finland/USA/ ?
>>
>> *I* live in a free country, without software patents even, so I don't
>> really care one way or the other, but the "fuck them" attitude is
>> still a bit worrying.
>
>Why? Why should anyone pander to the interests of any government whose purpose
>is to oppress its citizens by denying them even the most basic of rights?

Right. Software patents are bad too. So we really should be putting
patented crypto algorythms in the kernel and distribute the kernel
from Finland. That would make usage of the kernel illegal in the US,
but ofcourse you would not have a problem with that would you ?

As I said - I could not care less, *I* live in a free country ;)

Mike.