Re: Cryptography in the kernel (was: Re: Linux 2.5 / 2.6 TODO (preliminary))

From: Julian Squires (tek@wiw.org)
Date: Thu Jun 01 2000 - 12:56:44 EST

On Thu, Jun 01, 2000 at 12:27:21AM +0200, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
> > Governments that try to ban even the most basic rights (like that of privacy)
> > using the excuse of "national security" are evil and have no right to even
> > exist.
>
> Maybe they have no right (from our point of view) to exist, but you
> should notive that they *exist*.

Agreed. This is a technical forum, can't we have an objective
discussion on the technical merits of including/not-including the
kerneli patch into the kernel, without bringing in very subjective
ideas of ``right'' and ``wrong''?

Of course, such an external patch already exists. (http://www.kerneli.org)

--
  -/