Re: Can't recognize Adaptec APA-1480 with 2.4.0-test1-ac4

From: David Hinds (dhinds@valinux.com)
Date: Thu Jun 01 2000 - 12:48:54 EST

On Thu, Jun 01, 2000 at 02:04:17AM -0300, Garst R. Reese wrote:

> This sounds right. If I make PCMCIA a module (pcmcia-core) the rc.pcmcia
> start says it cannot map memory for my modem, and I get no product info.
> If I build it into the kernel it works. This is still true on ac7.
> pcmcia-cs-31-May

If this issue is with a 16-bit card, it isn't related to the expansion
rom mapping problem; only CardBus cards have expansion roms.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of a good reason why building as
a module would screw things up. I think I'd want to see more of your
system log messages.

-- Dave