Re: BeOS BFS Filesystem in 2.4.0

From: Michael D. Crawford (goingware@roadrunner.nf.net)
Date: Fri Jun 02 2000 - 00:24:52 EST

I inquired about the BFS filesystem for linux on the bedevtalk@be.com
and someone pointed me to the author's page, which is here:

http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA008030/bfs/

I sent mail to the author asking if he'd like it to be distributed in
the kernel and if he'd be willing to maintain it.

Daniel Berlin, a BeOS developer, modified the driver so it works with
2.4.0-test1. He put it here:

http://www.cgsoftware/~dan/befs-2.4.tgz

I asked Dan if he'd be willing to take on the task of maintaining it, if
the original author couldn't do it.

I'm willing to do it if neither of them can. Ordinarily it wouldn't be
a problem but I'll be pretty busy with this QA bug database that I've
proposed.

I'll see about getting some people testing Daniel's modifications and
see if the original author responds.

Regards

Mike Crawford
http://www.goingware.com